Canadian National Railways Baggage Car #7074
This car was built in 1953 by National Steel Car in Hamilton, Ontario. It was originally numbered #9142 and was used in express service for CN. Eventually, the delivery of small packages by train was no longer needed as the trucking business began to dominate. In 1979, express car #9142 became baggage car #7074.
The Elgin County Railway Museum acquired the car after its retirement in the early 1990s.
This baggage car was modified to become the museum’s “mobile museum.” It travelled to local areas promoting the Elgin County Railway Museum and Southern Ontario railway history.