Hours & Events
$3/child+HST (3-12 years), under 3 free.
Hours of Operation
Holiday weekend hours:
OPEN Saturday May 20 and Monday, May 22 12-4 pm (closed Sunday)
SUMMER HOURS (Starting May 23):
Tuesday to Sunday, 10am-4pm, Victoria Day weekend until Labour Day weekend. The Museum will be open Labour Day 10 am to 4 pm.
September (Labour Day) thru Thanksgiving
Wednesday to Saturday 12-4 pm
Or by appointment
GROUP TOURS AVAILABLE BY APPOINTMENT
Tours outside of normal operating hours can be arranged by calling 519-637-6284 or sending an email to email@example.com.
Kids love to encounter unique and exciting vehicles up close – who doesn’t! If you have little ones who are mighty machine or train fans, mark your calendars. May, 27th from 10 am – 3 pm the Railway Museum and 18th St. Thomas Scouting are partnering to present a Touch a Truck, Touch a Train! event.
We are gathering a collection of cool vehicles – from trucks of all sizes to emergency vehicles, construction equipment to locomotives, tractors to trackmobiles…all at the Railway Museum. Then we will allow families to come and see them, touch them, sit in some, and have pictures taken.
Touch a Truck, Touch a Train! has other family-friendly activities including glitter and temporary tattoos, kids crafts, and more!
Special admission for the day is $5 per person.
Here are some of the vehicles that will be coming!
CN Rail Police Car – CN Rail Police
Police Car – St. Thomas Police
Tanker Truck – Dowler Karn
Heavy Tow Truck – Lovedays
Truck – St. Thomas Ford
Truck – Disbrowe
Truck – Elgin Chrysler
London Knights Bus – Badder Bus Lines
2017 Trans-Am Superstock – Matt Robblee
Jeep – Offroad Addiction
Vintage Fire Truck – St. Thomas Professional Fire Fighters Association
Tractor Trailer, 5 Ton Truck – Messenger Freight
Day Out With Thomas – THE FRIENDSHIP TOUR 2017!
Tickets are now on sale at: http://www.ticketweb.ca/events/org/16815?pl=dowt2015ecrm
July 15 & 16, and July 21-23, 2017
Hosted by the Elgin County Railway Museum at the St.Thomas-Elgin Memorial Centre (80 Wilson Ave. St. Thomas, ON)
Tickets are $25 + hst per person (age 2 and up) and include;
• A 25-minute (approximate) ride with Thomas the Tank Engine and hear Thomas greet his fans!
• Meeting Sir Topham Hatt, Controller of the Railway
• A Thomas & Friends Imagination Station; featuring temporary tattoos, hands-on arts & crafts, play dough, train play tables, and coloring.
• Storytelling, video viewing, live children’s entertainment featuring music, magic & puppets
• Bubbles, Misty Island cool mist tents, inflatable bouncers, model railway displays, and more!
• Event tickets also include free admission to the Elgin County Railway Museum.