The Elgin County Railway Museum depends on the dedication and commitment of our volunteers. You don’t have to be just a train enthusiast to participate. Areas in which you can participate include:
- Guided tours
- Museum store
- Office support
- Artifacts/collection cataloging
- Building & grounds maintenance
- Train maintenance & restoration
- Special events
- DAY OUT WITH THOMAS
Become a Member
Download Membership Application:
- admission to the Elgin County Railway Museum
- advance notice of upcoming events
- museum store discounts – 10% off everything (excluding consignment) and 25% off museum logo items
- invitation to Members Only events
- All prices include applicable taxes
- A household membership can include up to two adults and four children under the age of 18 and living at the same address.
- Members living outside of Canada will not receive the regular postal mailings but may request electronic communications.
For more information on volunteering or becoming a member, please
- call us at 519-637-6284
- email us at: email@example.com
- write to us at 225 Wellington Street, St. Thomas, ON, N5R 2S6, Canada
- print and fill out this Volunteer Form or Membership Form then drop it off or mail it to us at Elgin County Railway Museum, Attention Membership, 225 Wellington St, St. Thomas, Ontario, N5R 2S6, Canada.
Wall of Fame
To honour those who worked, and still work on the railway, the Elgin County Railway Museum has created the Railway Wall of Fame.
The Elgin County Railway Museum created the Wall of Fame as a lasting tribute to those who earned their living on the railway anywhere in the world.
For a $25 contribution you can commemorate your career, or a loved one’s railway career. Their name, the railway they were employed by, position, and years of service will be engraved on a brass plaque, and mounted on a beautiful walnut board for public display. To date we have over 1,500 names on the Wall.
To have a name added to this lasting tribute to those who earned their living on the railway, be sure to fill out the form and mail it to the shown address. All proceeds support museum operations.
Elgin County Railway Museum
225 Wellington Street, St. Thomas, ON Canada N5R 2S6
The Elgin County Railway Museum would very much like to thank the following individuals and organizations for their contribution to this site
Elgin County Railway Museum Archives
Ken Jones Jr.
Ontario Hydro Archives
The Elgin County Railway Museum gratefully acknowledges the financial support of the Ontario Trillium Foundation, an agency of the Ministry of Culture. The Foundation receives annually $100 million in government funding generated through Ontario’s charity casino initiative
The support of the Government of Ontario through the Ministry of Tourism, Culture and Sport is gratefully acknowledged.