The Elgin County Railway Museum: Mission Statement
To collect, preserve and interpret the Railway heritage of Southwestern Ontario which will engage, educate and inspire local and global audiences.
The Museum is currently undergoing renovations and will be closed until spring, 2018. For inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hiring for Summer Student Positions
The Elgin County Railway Museum is currently hiring for the following summer positions:
- Collection and Exhibit Assistant
- Education and Programming Assistant
- Tour Guide and Cataloguing Clerk
- Retail and Marketing Assistant
- Special Events Assistant
Applicants must currently be enrolled in school, and must be returning to school for the 2018-2019 term. All positions are subject to approved grant funding
For more details on the positions, and how to apply, please click here.
What's Happening in 2018?
The Elgin County Railway Museum is proud to present this year's upcoming events:
- Grand Re-Opening, May 12th
- Touch a Train & Meet a Machine, June 9th
- Railway Nostalgia Day & Train Hobby Show, June 24th
- A Day Out With Thomas™, July 14th-15th, 21st-22nd.
- Comedy Night in the Shop, September 8th
- Haunted Walk, October 5th & 6th
- Family Halloween Dance Party, October 27th
Exhibitions & Displays
“History in Motion” is our massive model train layout simulating life in the mid 20th century. The display models the operations of Southern Ontario Railways between Windsor and Niagara Falls when steam, diesel, and electric railways were all competing.History in Motion
The Elgin County Railway Museum collection to date comprises steam, diesel and electric engines, cabooses, baggage cars and wagons, jiggers, hand cars and thousands of pieces of railway ephemeraRolling Stock
We want you to be part of our museum and experience its beauty. This is why we offer several ways to let you engage with us to help maintain and develop the museum. Become a member today!Become a Volunteer
The Elgin County Railway Museum (ECRM) Board of Directors approved the conceptual Site Master Plan as presented by a+LiNK at their August 18th meeting. The