ECRM COVID-19 Measures
The health and safety of our ECRM community is of the utmost importance to us, and as such we are taking steps to prevent the risks and spread of the COVID-19 virus. Please review the below visitor expectation guidelines, as well as a list of what our staff are doing to ensure your health & safety.
As of July 31, 2020 face coverings are MANDATORY for all visitors ages 2+ inside the Museum, in accordance with regulations set out by Southwestern Public Health. For more information on these regulations please visit Southwestern Public Health’s website.
Thank you for your patience and understanding at this time.
All visitors to Elgin County Railway Museum are required to adhere to the following protocols and expectations while in the building and on Museum premises.
- 1. If you have been sick in the last two weeks, we ask that you please abstain from visiting the Museum.
- 2. Cash transactions are discouraged.
- 3. Please follow social distancing practices.
- 4. Face coverings are mandatory.
- 5. Practice good personal hygiene.
- 6. Use hand sanitizing stations provided.
- 7. Explore the Museum by following the marked one-way route.
- 8. Keep your family unit together when walking through the Museum, and keep your children within reach.
- 9. Do not touch any of the artifacts or display cases.
- 10. Upon leaving the Museum, dispose of your self-navigation guide booklet into the garbage receptacle provided.
The health and safety of our visitors, staff, and volunteers is of top priority to us during these challenging times. The above expectations are set to ensure the health and safety of all who enter the Museum. Failure to comply with these expectations may result in your dismissal from the Museum.
We thank you for your patience and understanding at this time.
What We Are Doing To Ensure Your Health & Safety
Our staff and volunteers are following these procedures and protocols to ensure all staff, volunteers, and visitors are kept safe during these difficult times.
- 1. Maintaining social distancing protocols.
- 2. Wearing face coverings.
- 3. Cleaning & sanitizing all surfaces and high-contact areas on a regular basis.
- 4. Discouraging cash transactions.
- 5. Closing hands-on and interactive elements.
- 6. Closing the Gift Shop.
- 7. Encouraging the use of face coverings by visitors.
- 8. Limiting visitor numbers (max. 50 guests at one time).
We Have Provided For Visitor Use:
- 1. Hand sanitization stations throughout the Museum.
- 2. Directional signage throughout the Museum.
- 3. One-time use self-navigation tour booklets.