The Elgin County Railway Museum is pleased to offer curriculum based educational programming designed for students from grades 1 to 8. Our programs seek to engage students in learning with our building, artifacts, train cars and history as an immersive learning environment for students to explore.
Please click here for our Educational Programming Guide.
To book please email email@example.com or call (519) 637-6284.
The following Ontario Curriculum based programs are offered:
– Materials, Form, and Function, Grade 1 & 2
– Simple Machines at Work on the Railway, Grade 2 & 3
– Building Structures – Stable and Strong, Grade 3 & 4
– St. Thomas – Then & Now, Grade 5, 6, & 7
– Transportation at the Time of Confederation, Grade 7 & 8
– Educational Tour, All Ages (adjusted by age group as needed)
Please email or call to inquire further about program details.
Planning your visit:
– Programs are offered at $5.50 per student, with the exception of the educational tour, which is $5.00 per student. We do not charge HST for our educational programming.
– Programs are approximately 90 minutes in length, please arrive 15 minutes before your tour starts. There is ample space for parking available on-site.
– Programs must be booked at least 2 weeks in advance.
– A ratio of 1:6 is requested for your visit, and all chaperones and teachers are free of charge.
– The enclosed picnic area is available to all tour and program groups for snack or lunch breaks.
To collect, preserve and interpret the railway heritage of Southwestern Ontario which will engage, educate and inspire local and global audiences.
Elgin County Railway Museum offers a variety of experiences for visitors. Explore the history of St. Thomas and the railway, get up close to locomotives in our rolling stock gallery, or see the historic rail yards of our region from a bird's eye view through our History in Motion Room. Through field trips, summer programming, and regular tours our programs seek to engage visitors in all things rail related.Explore our museum
Hours of visiting
Thurs - Sun
10:00 Am to 4:00 Pm
- Summer Hours (Victoria Day to Labour Day)
Thurs - Sat
12:00 Pm to 4:00 Pm
- Fall Hours (Labour Day to Thanksgiving)
12:00 Pm to 4:00 Pm
- Winter Hours (Thanksgiving to Victoria Day)
- For bookings please email firstname.lastname@example.org.